SpEd Cadre and the SUPRISE!!!
Amy(the other special ed teacher) and I left on Friday 9/30 to go to our first SpEd cadre. It is when all of the special education teachers get together for the weekend for inservice. Actually we just complain about everyone back in the village! I JOKES! (the bush way of saying: "I am kidding.) As we were flying out, we noticed the snow capped mountains.

Amy then proceeded to tell me that we usually get our first snow in September so we had another week to get snow. i reminded Amy that it was the last day of September.
In Unalakleet, we ate dinner and proceeded to meet and converse with the other special education teachers. The next morning we went to the district office for our meeting. During one of our breaks, I Skyped (instant message) Damon, another teacher in Stebbins. He proceeded to tell me that him and Conrad (another teacher) pelted my house for a long time with snowballs until the principal came out to tell them I was not home. I asked Damon how he could pelt my house with snowballs as I noticed it had not snowed in Unalakleet. He said it had snowed. I of course did not believe him and then looked at his blog. Sure enough, Stebbins had gotten its first snow, and I missed it. The first picture I saw was on Damon's blog check it out later.
We got about 1 foot of snow on October 1. So much for the Halloween storms in MN. We get October 1st storms. Here is what Amy and saw flying back into the vilage. Thanks to Doug, the pilot form Hageland Aviation for circling th4e village so I could get my pictures.





And then, the biggest surprise of all.......I was greeted at the airport by my step-brother Neil!!! Who knew he would ever come to Stebbins, AK to visit me??? I JOKES!!! It is really Drew a teacher in St. Michaels who is from North Branch and boy doesn't he look like Neil. Someone has got to show Neil this picture. I think Neil even has that same coat and hat :) What a coincidence.

Well, gotta go...time to go play in the SNOW!!!!!!!

2 Comments:
Jodi, I enjoyed talking with you briefly on Saturday. And I do enjoy your pictures and comments. Keep up the good work and enjoy life up there, you are awesome!!
L:ove Connie
Seriously! Almost wet my pants I thought that was Neil! And how did I not even hear he was going!!! -Tracy
Post a Comment
<< Home