Jodi's Alaskan Trails

My time in "bush" Alaska has proven to be fun, exciting and a learning experience all at the same time. Here are a few journallings of what I have been doing the last few years.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

No news is good news right?

Nothing to exciting happened last week. All of our snow melted from October 1st. Then it rained a lot and then it snowed again last Monday. And I'm sure you can guess the result.....more rain and the snow melted again. There was talk of another flood but the wind changed and in no blowing S SE instead of straight E. That is when we have to get scared!!!

This is the last week of the first quarter of my first year of teaching. I believe I am officially "broke in." I feel bad for the general education teachers who have to check 100 areas of content for their homeroom. That is suggesting they only have 10 kids in their homeorom. Each of the studnets are taking 10 content areas. I on the other hand only have to give those teachers my reports on the studnet's progress. I really do feel bad for them. However, I have all of the paperwork that comes with my title that they do not have to do.

AHHHHH, next week though, the kids have a week off of school and we all get to go to Unalakleet and socialize with all of the other teachers from 15 different schools in the distict. I am sure it won't be all socialization....we will probably have to work and attend conferences. I will have the opportunity though to catch up on my Graduate school homework which has been terribly neglected lately due to excessive amount of paperwork. Such is the life of a speical educator.

Well, that's all I've got for now. Until next weekend......

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY jOD, i JUST READ YOUR ENTIRE BLOG. bOY IS THAT COOL TO BE ABLE TO SEE ALL THE PICTURES. i JUST EXPLAINED ALL OF THEM TO bOBBI jO. wE SAW THE VIDEO ON dAMONS SITE. sEE IF YOU CAN TAKE MORE PICTURES. wE ARE GOING TO SEE IF WE CAN PRINT OFF SOME OF THE PICTURESS FROM THE TRIP iF WE CAN'T i'LL HAVE TO GET THEM OFF tRACY COMPUTER. Maybe I should have Trac bring her computer up to bobbi jos and we can use her printer. anyway Peter turned one, He is walking (well looks like a drunken sailor) but we call it walking across the room from me to bj. He even went down the hall from the dinin room and around the corner into the 1st bedroom to find me the other day. YI just can't hardley remember you guys taking your first steps. Gettin to old to remember. How is the diet working? I finally bought new pants so they aren't fallin off me again, i guess i'll go now since i'm talking to you. love mom

10/21/2005 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home