A week in Unalakleet
This past week all of the teachers from all 15 schools in the Bering Strait School district had the opportunity to go to a conference in Unalakleet. There were about 300 people staying there. Most, stayed in the school and others, who know people, got to sleep in a more luxurious setting with a hot shower every day. I unfortunately was sick Monday and Tuesday so I missed the speaker I actually wanted to hear.
Also on Monday, there was a plane crash between Unalakleet and Stebbins/St. Michael. Luckily the pilot was the only one who was in the plane and it was determined to be human error. The pilot is in Anchorage getting surgery on hos face but other than that, the word is his is ok. Here is a picture of the chopper carring the crashed plane to stash it behind a hill in Unalakleet. It is not very good but you can definetly tell one is being carried.
Besides listening to speaker, we did have some relaxation....like a group backrub! How did I end up in the back with no one giving me a back rub??? HHmmmmm!!!! I jokes, I got one earlier in the day. We also had a Sequence (a boardgame) tournament, watched movies, played volleyball and just enjoyed each others company.

It was nice to get back home to sleep in my own bed but it was fun to have more people to hang out with too.
Now, it is back to work with the start of second quarter on Monday along with Halloween.

1 Comments:
Now theres a position I've never seen Drew in! LOL! Have a good one Jodes!
Post a Comment
<< Home