Summer happens
Sorry to all of my readers that I haven't posted in a month.
This summer has proven to be interesting. It started with a week with my sister followed by a road trip to Wyoming. I got to go to a REAL rodeo where the scores counted for the circut!!!!! I also saw some cool things along the way and was spurred by a cowboy. Following the road tripto Wyoming, I ventured "up north" with my mom, step-dad, aunt and uncle to Lake Kabatogama to go fishing. $35 for an out of state fishing liscence and I caught a total of ZERO, that is NO fish. So much for a week of good fishing. I did get some good pictures, and I will need to redeem myself once back in Alaska with a nice trip to Pikmatalik. After Fishing, my friend Kelly and I went on a day trip to Cadott Wisconsin to experience my first Country Fest. It rained for the Toby keith concert but it was well worth the soaking wet clothes to see him in concert. Country Fest 2007 anyone?? After Country fest, my life slowed down a little.
I unfortunately had to pick my sister up early from the airport. Her roommate, whom went with on her trip to Africa got terrible news of the death of her fiance' and the two of them flew home a month early. This brings me to the 2 funerals I attended this week. Please check out the web site of Ben (one of the deceased) to see what an incredible young man he was and his wonderful walk with the Lord. I now am spending time with my cousin and then will return home to finish helping my mom with an estate sale. And I of course had to teach my nephew, Peter Jr., some bad habits. Here, we are learning to spray people with the garden hose.....look out grandma and grandpa here comes your grandson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I plan to fly back to Alaska on July 25th and start the second wonderful year of teaching in the "Last Frontier!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home