Jodi's Alaskan Trails

My time in "bush" Alaska has proven to be fun, exciting and a learning experience all at the same time. Here are a few journallings of what I have been doing the last few years.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

From Ref to Coach

As the year unfolds, I have assumed many new titles. This past weekend, I again added another occupation to my resume......substitute volleyball coach. Although I do not have any pictures of me being a coach, here are some of the kids playing and some of the silly things we did this weekend in Teller, Alaska. FYI: Teller is north of Nome.



We saw this grave yard and thought it was quite interesting as there are snowmachines in it. Rest In Peace Snowmachine. We figured the snowmachines 'died.'










Phillip and I have very different sizes in shoes. My foot actually comes up to about the start of his pinky toe, so we decided to switch shoes and go play volleyball but, first we had to take pictures. Needless to say, he did not last long in my slippers and wanted his shoes back.

Kenny and I were just listening to some MP3 tunes and watching the rest of the team play jungle ball with another team and some adults.

This is the team I traveled with and man did we have fun!!!!

Jerraine can jump and I even caught him in the action while spiking a ball. I believe that one was out but it was ok because it was not a real game, it was that jungle ball I was telling you about.



Although I appear sideways and need to employ the help of a tech person, I am also being a line judge of another game. You can't tell, but I am listening to an MP3 player because I was so bored. I also forgot to bring my gym shoes and didn't feel like wearing my mukluks so I wore my slippers instead.....even when I was coaching. The team thought it was pretty cool!!


So, I have gotten absolutely nothing done this weekend and I have a stack of stuff to do for school. I am not to worried about it as I had so much fun it made up for having to be at school for about 12 hours tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Damon said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Good thing you were here to step in for Deb.

Damon

11/20/2005 12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jodes,

By the time you decide you want to move back to MN you will have so many feathers in your hat every school will want you!! I am glad you are having some fun up there and that it is not all work. Just be careful of those airplanes. They scare me in the winter land. We love you and can't wait to see you at Christmas.

Bobbi Jo

11/20/2005 1:50 PM  
Blogger yooper_lorin said...

Hey Jodi,
Glad to hear that you are moving up that volleyball ladder! Sounds like you had a good time. We're thinking we should have a Stebbins vs. SMK teacher edition to the game... whatcha think???
Lori - just down the road

11/23/2005 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home