Snow Volleyball......Sounds fun huh??
The month of October.......what to say, what to say. October started with our only home volleyball game, oh yeah, did I mention I was coaching volleyball????
Well, I am. We had a home volleyball match on the 6th and 7th, against Unalakleet and Golovin.
Both teams are very good and Unkalakleet even got second at state for mixed 6 volleyball last year.
We did not win either of the matches against Unalakleet but we did win one match against Golovin. The team was pretty happy as they lost to Golovin last year. I missed my special education cadre in Unalakleet for the team.....it was worth it.October 23-26 we traveled to Unalakleet for our annual October Educational Conference.
We spent the night in the school and went to sessions to better ourselves professionally.
We also had the chance to meet up with old friends and to make new ones. I again was sick, but not as bad as I was last year.
We got our first snow while we were in Unalakleet and it melted by the time we got back from Elim..........time to buy the snowmachine!!!!!!!!!
We got back from Unalakleet on the 26th and on the 27th the volleyball team and I boarded a plane, 3 hours late, to travel to Elim to play Elim and Savoonga.
We won both matches on Friday night and again we won both matches on Saturday.
It was very exciting for the players that had the opportunity to travel.
We are looking forward to traveling twice in November to Shismaref, AK....yes, that is the village that is washing away because of global warming.
I will be sure to take a lot of pictures to show you all.
Tuesday is Halloween so to all my readers, I wish you a Happy Halloween.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home