Give Thanks unto the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!
This time of year really makes me reflect on what I have, what I have acomplished, what I want to accomplish and what I am thankful for. I thank the Lord that I was able to find this teaching position. I have met a lot of fantastic people and have become very humbled by how simple life can be and by how fortunate I have been.
On Thanksgiving day Lorrena and I drove the Honda to St. Michael so I could play in the annual Turkey Tournament. The sun was shining and the bushes were all frosty. They sparkled so brilliantly and I was very dissapointed with myself that my camera happened to be sitting on my counter. It was so beautiful here, it really made me think about how wonderful God must be to have created such an amazing place and such extraordinary beauty.
After the game was over, (we lost) I went back to Stebbins and had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with Lorrena's family, the Katcheaks. This leads me to another thing I am thankful for......friends. I met Tessie Katcheak last year at school, she was a cook. We developed a friendship which led to being aquaintances and friends with her whole family. They have shown me so much hospitality in the last year and a half. Last year, they gave me some moose meat and this year, they took me boating and let me store my frozen food in their freezer. I am so blessed to have met them. I am thankful that even though there is a member of their family who is sick, God knows the plan for that family member. Please pray that the hearts of the family will be lifted as they battle a fight against cancer.
Lastly, I am thankful for my family back in Minnesota. There have been so many times that I have needed someone to talk to or to help solve a problem and have called you to complain. I am so thankful I have the family I do that will listen to my tests and trials and help me to see clearly and get through them. Although I am so far away, I couldn't do it without your support!!!!!!!!! I love you all!!!!!
Oh Yeah, I am thankful to have a volleyball team who is awesome and will do a fantastic job representing Stebbins at the regional volleyball tournament in Shsimaref Alaska on November 30-Dec3. Good Luck and remember to SLAM IT!!!
Thank you to everyone who has supported me and been there for me when I needed someone.........

1 Comments:
Jodi,
I love you and I am very thankful to have you as my sister. I am also thankful that God has blessed you so richly by the position He has put you in. I do however miss those late night calls we had last year when I was home alone. I will miss you at Christmas but love you still the same.
Love you,
Bobbi Jo
Post a Comment
<< Home