Jodi's Alaskan Trails

My time in "bush" Alaska has proven to be fun, exciting and a learning experience all at the same time. Here are a few journallings of what I have been doing the last few years.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Happy New Year

Sorry I haven't posted in a long time. I have been enjoying myself way up here in the last fronteir. For Christmas I got to enjoy myself in Anchorage. The first night I was there I stayed with a family who recently moved from Stebbins to Anchorage. I pretty much just bopped around and took my time doing everything. A girl from Stebbins was there waiting to have her baby and when they admitted her, I got the privelage of staying with her and helping her through her labor and delivery. Her baby Ayden was born healthy and too cute for words. When I got back, I was able to pick up my honda and ride about a mile before the engine seized. Now I am in the process of tearing it apart, learning about engines and fixing it so hopefully some day I will be able to ride it again. The final verdict........blown piston and possibly a cracked block. We are currently trying to get the piston pin out of the piston and conecting arm. I am praying the block is not cracked, but that will only be known with the passage of time. Ernie, the shop teacher, and I have been consistantly trying to repair my honda....believe it or not, I have done most of the work in tearing it apart. As for the repair.......tune in for updates. I recently was approved to purchase a 2006 Polaris 550 Trail Touring with 2 seats, electric start, reverse and heated hand grips. I will post pictures when it safely arrives in Stebbins and I am breaking it in.

1 Comments:

Blogger mitchells2000 said...

good to see you back in the blogging world! It's fun to imagine you in the shop tearing your machine apart.

My bro, Steve, just had a 4-wheeling accident a couple weeks ago... my mom said he almost bit completely through his tongue when his chin hit the handlebars (bending them, but not breaking HIM!)

1/21/2007 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home