Jodi's Alaskan Trails

My time in "bush" Alaska has proven to be fun, exciting and a learning experience all at the same time. Here are a few journallings of what I have been doing the last few years.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Summer Fun in MN

Thanks to a long time family friend, I got to go in a ride in this plane around my hometown. It was the smallest plane I have been in even though I fly in the bush planes all the time but, it was cool to see the difference in Minnesota and Alaska terrain. The plane was a 2 person plane and I could have flown but, believe it or not, I was too short to reach the pedals for the rudder to help steer the plane.

The small town you see in the background is Hinckley, where I graduated from high school. It looks pretty small from the air but not as small as Stebbins.

My step-dad, my nephew and my brother-in-law and I went fishing. We didn't catch anything worth keeping.

How many adults do you think we can fit in that boat? It almost reminds me of all the people you can fit on a 4-wheeler back in Stebbins.

I took my sister to record her vows before the wedding.......we went to Minnehaha Falls!!! isn't it beautiful? It was quite the excursion with the video camera running out of battery, we became creative and went to Burger King to charge it. Then back out we went. My sister forgot her shirt she wanted to wear so she made me take mine off in the middle of the parking lot so she would be modest enough to show her vows in church...TOOO FUNNY!!!!!

This is my nephew and I right before the wedding.....aren't we cute??

My sister's now old roommate and I before the wedding.

All the bridesmaides and the bride all being silly

Candy and I....I was teaching my cousin how to use my camera so she could take pictures during the ceremony since I would not be able to. Candy is also one of my sisiter's old roommates.

1 Comments:

Blogger mitchells2000 said...

Wish I could have come to the wedding... my parents said it was beautiful (although very long!) :-) You look good, and your nephew is adorable!

7/03/2007 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home